Services – Individual Coaching and Group Workshops
The majority of my time is spent on one-to-one coaching with lawyers and professional service providers at all stages of their careers. The focus of these coaching programs is usually business development. In addition, I teach workshops for private law firms and bar associations on a variety of topics.
Individual Coaching Programs
The ideal candidates for coaching are:
- Senior associates and junior partners who must build a book of business.
- Mid-career partners who want to enhance their practices.
- Managing partners and executives who are juggling their practice with administrative functions.
- Women and diverse attorneys and professional service providers who feel that they need more mentoring on business development skills.
- Attorneys who are considering career transitions, including changing firms, going in-house, or exploring other paths.
Changing behavior takes time. An individual coaching program consists of twelve sessions, over the course of eight to nine months. At the first session, we will determine the purpose and intended outcomes for your program. Although the focus for most of my clients is business development skills, we also address personal issues that might get in the way of achieving your goals. Each coaching program is customized, based on the issues you want to address. For my Bay Area clients, most of our sessions take place in person. For clients in other cities, the initial session is in person, and subsequent sessions take place by Skype or phone. Before we begin, you will take the Enneagram personality assessment test. Your personality type has a strong influence on the way you engage in client service, communicate with internal and external clients, and implement your marketing plans, and each type has its gifts and challenges. Two of the nine personality types are common among lawyers. In other industries, there is more variation among executives and managers. I have developed a Personal Marketing Plan (PMP) template for my business development coaching clients. The PMP includes sections on your marketing message, client service and client retention goals, networking, participating in associations, cross-marketing, and planning your follow up activities. By the end of the program, you will have a completed PMP and have spent time implementing your plan. You can continue to update your plan throughout your career.
I regularly teach workshops for private law firms, women’s initiatives, diversity programs, bar associations, and law schools. Each workshop can be customized for the audience. Most are offered as either 60-minute or 90-minute programs.
- Basics of Business Development
- Communication and Motivational Style
- Creating a Personal Marketing Plan
- Creating Confidence for Women
- Live and Virtual Networking
- Maximizing Your Participation in Associations
- Recognizing Unconscious Bias
- Understanding the Enneagram Types
For more information about content and scheduling, please contact me at 415.336.8755, or email me. Photo courtesy of CMCP